Sunday, January 18, 2009

January Robins



"The Robin is considered a symbol of spring.A well-known example is a poem by Emily Dickinson, "I Dreaded That First Robin So". Among other 19th-century poems about the first robin of spring is "The First Robin" by Dr. William H. Drummond, which according to the author's wife is based on a Quebec superstition that whoever sees the first robin of spring will have good luck."
Okay, I know it is only January 18th, but in a short 2 months it WILL be the first day of SPRING! These robins I saw this morning are just a reminder to me that we are getting closer to SPRING each day now.
Unfortunately each picture I tried to take Geranimo would scare the robins away.
Here are the few that if you look closely you can see the robin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HOLIDAY TRAVELS

We had a busy Christmas season traveling to share time with as much of the family as possible.
( one of the perks of working in education....having those christmas vacation weeks!)